Boilers upgraded by RENTECH reduce NOx emissions, improve combustion control, and reduce CO and leaks of unburned combustion products.
- Service and repair of boilers, economizers, superheaters
- 24-hour emergency service
- Field assembly
- Turnkey installations
- Performance upgrades
- Burner retrofits
- NOx and other emissions reductions
- Power piping
- Tube bending
- Watertube boilers
- Firetube boilers
- Heat recovery boilers
- Solid fuel fired boilers
- Sulfur condensers
- Heat exchangers
- Fired heaters
- RENTECH Boiler Services specializes in the headered membrane wall retrofit of industrial boilers. The advantages of replacing front and rear refractory walls with headered membrane water walls include:
- Reduce operating costs
- Eliminate shutdowns due to refractory leaks and hot spots
- Eliminate periodic replacement of refractory walls
- Allow for faster startup and cool down
- Reduce NOx emissions due to cooler operating furnace
- Improve combustion control and reduce CO
- Reduce leakage of unburned combustion products to the atmosphere
- Any style boiler can be retrofitted. Typical upgrades by RENTECH Boiler Services include:
- Replace tangent tube designs with complete membrane construction. No more hot gas bypass through the boiler casing.
- Replace refractory walls with water-cooled headered membrane walls. This creates a cooler furnace that reduces the formation of NOx emissions. No more refractory walls to repair or replace.
- Furnace is completely seal-welded. Eliminates seal problems between refractory walls and boiler tubes.
- Replace old furnace division wall tangent tubes with complete membrane construction. Eliminates hot gas bypass through warped tangent tubes and lowers CO emission levels.
- Replace refractory drum seals with welded scallop seals. This prevents eventual hot gas bypass through cracked refractory seals and maintains low CO emission levels of today’s burners.
- Replacing old refractory walls and refractory seals with 100% water-cooled membrane construction also eliminates on-going maintenance costs and unscheduled downtime associated with older designs. These modifications also provide quicker startup and shutdown cycles.